Depending on availability, we do have an attached parking garage at the Hiawatha! We have a fully-covered garage and a semi-covered garage available at a monthly rate. We do perform snow removal in the semi-covered garage, so tenants will have to adhere to our snow removal policy. Additional spots are also always available for rent in our 699 lot located about a block from the building.
Full Parking Policy
In order to provide the best possible parking situation for all tenants to whom we provide parking, Port Property Management (also referred to as “PPM”) strictly enforces all parking rules and regulations. Parking privileges are renewed on a month to month basis as long as the Tenant adheres to the following:
1. All vehicles must have a valid PPM parking permit displayed in the vehicle at all times. The permit must be hung from the rearview mirror so that it is easily visible from outside of the vehicle looking through the front windshield. The PPM logo must be facing outward. Tenants can park any vehicle that they so choose in the parking lot as long as the parking permit is properly displayed in said vehicle. Any vehicle without a parking permit or without an easily visible permit will be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense. **Specific rules/restrictions may apply to a lot and will be included with the parking map. It is the Tenants responsibility to adhere to these specific restrictions in addition to the parking addendum**
2. All vehicles must have valid registration and be operational at all times. If your vehicle is not operational you will have one week to make the necessary repairs; however, vehicles shall not be worked on in the parking lot. All unregistered and/or inoperable vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense, with a 24-hour advance written notice.
3. Tenant agrees not to park any vehicles that leak or drip oil or any other fluid. If vehicle leaking fluid is not repaired, removed or contained within 24 hours of notification from Landlord via phone, email or written notice, vehicle shall be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense. Should clean up and/or repair be deemed necessary due to vehicle fluid(s) contaminating the surface, tenant assumes responsibility for the cost(s).
4. In order for PPM to provide the best possible winter parking situation for tenants who have parking with Port Property, all tenants must adhere to the following:
Regardless of how much snow falls, PPM may declare a PPM parking ban after a storm. During a PPM parking ban every vehicle must be moved out of the parking lot from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. *699 and 707 Congress St parking lot- parking ban is in effect from 6:30am to 8am.
b. To determine whether a PPM parking ban is in effect visit our website www.portpropmgt.com. Website will be updated by 5:15 AM the day after the storm. We will notify via email and/or text message as well, though these means of communication cannot be guaranteed.
c. If your vehicle is left in the parking lot during the above referenced hours it will be towed at your own expense and/or your account will be charged a minimum of $100 for administrative and labor fees associated with cleaning around your parking spot; No Exceptions. If you plan on being out of town during the snow season you must make arrangements for your car (give a key to a friend/family member who can move it during a parking ban, find an alternative place to park your car while you are out of town, etc.).
d. If you have questions or concerns regarding a PPM parking ban please contact the office during normal business hours. Please do not contact the emergency dispatch answering service as is not equipped to deal with parking situations, and cannot help with parking problems.
5. Your parking privileges may be terminated with a five (5) day advance written notice from PPM for any of the following violations: (A) Your vehicle is towed twice in any one (1) year period; (B) You do not move your car during a parking ban twice in any one (1) year period; (C) You interfere with the tow truck driver’s responsibilities.
6. If your vehicle is towed, you must call Charlie’s Towing (207-797-6004) to make the arrangements for picking it up. All towing charges are at the vehicle owner’s expense. PPM will not reimburse any tenant for towing charges.
8. PPM shall assume no responsibility for damage(s) to any vehicle (unless damage(s) results due to the negligence of Port Property Management). This includes, but is not limited to; damage due to burglary, damage due to hit-and-run, and damage due to weather-related incidents. Should your vehicle sustain damage while in above mentioned parking lot, you will need to contact your automobile insurance provider.
If you have any parking related questions, concerns, or comments, please contact the office.